Project Task
Please write your draft Project Report or your draft Project Plan. Add your draft report or plan to your Partner Page on the wiki.
Read you partner's draft project or plan. Using the Project Report Checklist or the Project Plan Checklist, give your partner feedback. Add the checklist to your Partner Page on the wiki.
Add some general comments to your partner on the Partner Page on the wiki.
My reflection:
It is important to plan early so that I have time implement the new technology tools with the students. I managed to try two technology with my students in 70 minutes English lesson. It takes a lot of time to put the steps in the format given. by answering these questions cause me to think and evaluate the technology tools I have implemented in class. As I am using it without an obsever, it is difficult for me to monitor the actual learning that was taken place.
Week 8: Task – Create an Online Exercise/Technology Tool
Create something to use with your students.
I have tried using flash cards
Upload your creation or add it's URL (if it's a website or online tool) to the wiki page called "Week 8 Resources."
I actually have linked into the blog for he student to make reference easily after class time
Week 8: Discussion – Online Exercises/Technology Tools
[
After exploring some of the different tools and exercises for this week, share your ideas about how using these might change the way you teach and/or the way that your students learn.I have used Blog as a platform for the learning through the technology tools to happen. I do not want my students get lost in looking for information.
How could using these tools promote learner autonomy?
I want my students to take responsibility to learn up the syllabus contents to improve their grades. They have a variety of activities to learn from. I need to consider the feedback from my students to improve the outlook and the display to make interesting attractive to them. I need more time.I realised that some of the vocabulary may be difficult to them. Students are responsive in giving the ideas in their own language and picking up the new language, English.
What are the constraints that would make it difficult to use these tools, and how will you overcome them?
Firstly, availability of internet access is problematic.The equipment is not working well. I used mobile technology to support the learning in class and mobile-learning is workable.
Hi,
ReplyDeleteI also believe that this week was challenging. I was lucky this week for having a three day vacvation that helped me explore more tools. I have just finished explorin g easytest maker and I found it feasible, especially its editing features.
I just want to add that such tools help develop learner's autonomy for through them students are able to work on their own and at their own pace. I can post the link of an activity or quiz and students have to do it on their own. Thay have enough time for thinking and rethinking their answers. They can visit the activity more than once and reflect on their own thinking.
Concerning the constraints, they did have many. In addition to the problems in internet connections, such servers might be blocked, especially if students are posting at the same time. For example, if all or even most students are working on the same blog and posting at the same time, the server might not work properly. Such situation might hinder their work.