Introduction

Welcome
and join us
in the new journey of learning

Sunday, May 12, 2013

Week 6
As I have mentioned Mid Year Examination Week in my school had just began last week, my students from the weak class did not perform very well in their English paper 2. I have finished marking their paper. The last question which carried 15 marks. They left in empty. only five students attempted and they wrote 2-3 sentences,

My approach to introduce the characters in the novel is the literary text The Novel on Step by Wicked Step by Anne Fine. I have used youtube,com to show the storyline from chapter 1 to 7 over a period of 4 months, each week a 35minutes lesson.  I have used the character mind map to differentiate all six major characters and their stories. Students read the text and made a summary  of what they read yet they did not write anything in the story. I am still marking the first class answers.

Currently, I have been teaching 2 classes of form 5 students aged 17, the first class and the last class in the school.There are 28 students in the first class while there are 33 students in the last class.


I have just developed interactive game-based quiz question in order to test and provide immediate feedback to students. At the moment I cannot use this new technology with them as they are still still sitting for other papers. I intend to use it once the semester reopens in June.

No comments:

Post a Comment