Unfortunately, using one-computer classroom (ETEMS room) was a failure. Some teacher trainees has infected the computer with virus. The other alternative I used in class was to demonstrate how to go to blog using my mobile phone. They were amazed that they said they would try to access the blog at home.
I actually wanted to try out the interactive PowerPoint with my students but it was unsuccessful due to virus attack.
This week Donna also put up some links for templates, I created some flash cards using British Council free templates
for revising Chapter 3. It is very convenient and easy to select picture from the library and type in whatever information needed. The weakness of using British Council templates is I could only print it and I could not save it for future use.
Therefore, I scanned it and converted it to Jpeg format
I can't wait to share this with my students in class.
Wong Lai Leng
Here are some evidences of what happened in my class.
| A student attempted the essay question |
| Another student tried to write the essay question |
| Students in groups of two play the flash card game. |
![]() |
| That's me trying out the game based interactive PowerPoint |


Hello!!
ReplyDeleteI completely agree with you about the challenges this week has presented to us.
We have had lots of things to do.
About your work with your students this week, I really like that you considered (and mentioned) the time it takes for things to get set up according to plan. It is important as you said, to manage our timing well, so that the class really produces the results we want and learning takes place.
I don't believe in using technology for technology's sake. I believe these tools have to have a purpose and this purpose has to be made very clear to our students.
On a different note, I am sorry to hear you had no observer to help you go over your project after class. Maybe if you record the class, at least in audio files, you can go over what went well and what not.
Cheers,
Maria
Hi wong
ReplyDeleteI can see that you have done many great things this week. You have created a number of technology tools that your students will benefit a lot from .
When you said you scanned the pictures , you remind me with the tools that every teacher should have: PC, continuous access to the internet, printer, scanner, and what else Wong?
Now during this great course we have been exposed to great ideas to help us improve our teaching skills, hope to continue with similar courses in the future.
Thank you for sharing ideas
Take care
Nada