As I shared last week my students were not doing well in the literature component in writing essay, so last week I created and posted my interactive game-based PowerPoint. Sadly, I cannot test out this technology with the students yet for they are in the midst of sitting for the examination.
This week we are supposed to work on a new technology to help my students. I choose to develop a blog where my students can access and share the information on literature component. Come to think of it, I can share this with other teachers in my school who are teaching this novel.
This is my Blog for teaching the novel Step by Wicked Step(Work-in-progress)
http://cikguwongll.blogspot.com/
For a start, I have put in some information on the blog regarding the novel from general to specific. I could have display all the information I have found on the blog. I plan in a way that students should take responsibilities of their own learning (autonomy learning) and computer supported collaborative learning (CSCL). The students and teachers will learn though discovery method and post whatever they find online as comments.
Later on I will include some links on grammar lessons and vocabulary list for my students to work on their own weak areas..Whoever is interested to comment and join me as a partner.
Some model essay will be given, students have to create on they own essay
Hello Wong Lai Leng,
ReplyDeleteI checked your blog about Step by Wicked Step. It looks interesting! I think your students will enjoy working with it. I like how you used the YouTube videos to motivate your students to read the novel. The language in the videos is simple and there are subtitles, so students won't have any trouble understanding the content.
Good luck with your project,
Anna
HI Wong Lai Leng
ReplyDeleteI hope that you are doing well!
This is a very interesting reflection for this week. The way you are implementing technology in your teaching for your project is wonderful. Using a blog for your class is an important thing that will facilitate teaching. I suggest that you use Padlets also. They are so simple and easy to be used.
Khadija