My response to Dareen's blog
Week 2: Reflection
Hello again,
It seems that I will develop the habit of disclosing what I feel about and think of my weekly learning outcomes every Sunday. Perhaps, I should make it every Friday. In this way, I would not be running out of time while doing my tasks.
Let me see, what was I introduced to this week?
Websearching activity was informative in the sense that I got to try new search engines other than GOOGLE, and I was also reminded of some steps done in web searching I used to follow when I was an applied linguistics graduate student.
Regarding the ABCD objectives, I know how much important and essential it is to set an objective for a class. It has never been an easy task to do. But, with time, one becomes practised. It only needs patience and perseverance.
That's all for now.
Best,
Dareen
It seems that I will develop the habit of disclosing what I feel about and think of my weekly learning outcomes every Sunday. Perhaps, I should make it every Friday. In this way, I would not be running out of time while doing my tasks.
Let me see, what was I introduced to this week?
Websearching activity was informative in the sense that I got to try new search engines other than GOOGLE, and I was also reminded of some steps done in web searching I used to follow when I was an applied linguistics graduate student.
Regarding the ABCD objectives, I know how much important and essential it is to set an objective for a class. It has never been an easy task to do. But, with time, one becomes practised. It only needs patience and perseverance.
That's all for now.
Best,
Dareen
1 comment:

Wong Lai LengApril 19, 2013 at 11:32 AM
Dear Dareen,I was taught the importance of writing objective in planning a lesson, a course or a training.It sets the mood, framework as to who are the learners(Audience), what are the learners going to learn(behavioral), how and when are the learning take place(condition), and lastly evaluate whether the learning has actually taken place(Degree).It is very essential to have clear objectives as in "Clear objectives can help the instructor design lessons that will be easier for the student to comprehend and the teacher to evaluate".(JoneS, 1997)
It required a thorough thinking process to anticipate.predict and expect the end result of learning and wisdom to choose appropriate stimulus and teaching strategy
My response to Gulnar's blog
MY IMPRESSIONS OF WEEK 2
I
am going to share my impressions of Week 2 - how successfully I applied
what I learned in my classes - and my opinions with you!
There
were a number of valuable activities that we did during this week.
First of all, the discussion topic was Websearching. I confess that I
was familiar with a few websites like Google, Yahoo, Wikipedia, I always
search for the topics on these websites. But thanks to www.
noodletools.com - the search engine that Ms Donna offered us, I found
many websites useful for my students and me too. As I mentioned in my
post there is a great choice of websites that we need time to browse
them thoroughly. I will recommend them to my students as well as my
colleagues in the university. I hope they will also enjoy them. The
websites such as Intute which provides lots of information in all
spheres - medicine, art, education, psychology, communication, etc.,
Bing and iSEEK Education- will be beneficial for students in preparing
their reports, Ask.com - we can find the answers to any questions that
interest us, Merriam-Webster Dictionary which will enable the students
get the definitions of the words, their synonyms, etymology and do
quizzes to test themselves. I also took into account some websites that
my colleagues recommended me - eric.edu.gov, sweetsearch.com.
Besides
our dear instructor informed us with amazing statistics about the
Internet users. We must acknowledge that nowadays the number of Internet
users is growing exponentially. More than half of the world population
have access to the Internet. As the technology becomes a tool for
learning, we should benefit its power and go far in our life.
Another
important task was to present our ABCD learning objective. We had to
share a behavioral objective for the class we are teaching using this
model. And I created my learning objective following the criteria
suggested by it. It was really interesting. Without objective you can't
get success in your teaching career.
And
the last we had to describe our classes and inform about the class
setting in detail in order to let them know whether we could apply the
new technology during our classes. This is the start for our final
project.
Every week I learn new things, new technologies that I really didn't expect to be like that!
Thank you so much for giving us opportunities to benefit from your experience!
Sincerely,
Gulnar